Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August 30, 2006 - T-minus 3 days....

With three days left, I'm in full taper mode. No more swimming. No more biking. No more running. No more training whatsoever.

The rest of the week now becomes the getting ready part. Check over the bike, get the back ready, get the race kit, hit the expo. Oh yeah, and hope and pray that we get a nice day.

Environment Canada is showing a 60% chance of rain and a bit cool, but The Weather Network is showing a nice sunny day. I'm hoping for a nice day with good water temperature, and a soft wind.

I tried to pick some goals that would make me happy and keep them realistic. I remember in Runners World that one of the contributors said to pick three goals. That way you're almost guaranteed to meet at least one of them. Here are mine:
  1. Successfully finish my first ever triathlon.
  2. Finish near 2h30.
  3. Finish near 2h15.
If I put my average times together, I come up with approximately 2h30 for the whole thing. But since I have no idea what's going to happen that day, or what the weather will be like, I'm allowing myself to be flexible. The most important thing for me is to just plain finish and have fun doing it - I'll focus more on times later, if I want to.

To all those reading, this might be quiet for the next three days. But after that, look for the race report! Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous JACKED UP said...

I am so excited for you! You've put in the training and you are ready. You set some realistic goals, to finish and have fun. Good luck my friend! :cheers:

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I am a goal setter like that. Those are good goals to set.

1. Finish the tri.
2. Have fun during the tri.
3. Meet time specific goals
A. Finish
B. Realistic Time
C. Dream Goal.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Closet Artist said...

The day is coming you have anticipated so. You have done all you can to prepare and now the true FUN begins. We will be with you in spirit and awaiting your triumphant arrival home (with Bengay in hand).
You are my inspiration.
Just remember... CAN
...and will.
Love,
R and C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter
General Nutrition Store