Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August 29, 2006 - T-minus 4 days and counting!

Run: 4.5km, 25min

Okay, now I'm starting to get excited about this whole thing. Trying really, really hard not to blow this taper. Got out today just to keep the legs loose, and I can tell I've got energy stored up. I felt like I could have sprinted the whole distance, but fought that off quick.

Need to start making my list for the T-zone:
  • goggles, swimcap, backup glasses/contacts (just in case)
  • small towel
  • bottles of water, HEED and recovery drink
  • protien bars and gels
  • UnderArmor shirt
  • bike helmet, gloves and shoes
  • socks, running shoes
  • shirt and track pants for when it's all done
  • bike tools, spare kit
  • sunglasses
Wow - that's a lot of stuff. Starting to feel like I'm running away from home!

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Just get organized about what you need in each transition.
(No, I am not a tri-er, but we have drop bags at aid stations, and I made notes on what each bag contained in case I needed something.)
A list of what to do in each area too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter
General Nutrition Store