Thursday, August 24, 2006

August 24, 2006 - It's tough not pushing yourself

Run: 9km, 50min

Hit the trails near work again. Perfect day with nice temperatures and cloud cover, and the bugs aren't bad either. Was only going to cover 7km, but decided to make a longer base run as long as I did one thing - pull back on the pace. I'm really, really trying to taper properly, but it's so damn hard! You go from pushing yourself further and further to cutting back to >gasp< 3-4 workouts a week. It feels like you're doing nothing, and your training is wasting away as you sit on your butt. Gotta trust this....

So I was able to hold back on the pace, but the distance might have been a bit much. The quads and hips are achey, like they've certainly been worked, but not bad otherwise. I had a HammerGel before heading out to keep some of the glycogen stores up, and other than my intense sugar cravings (again), I think it did the trick.

But we'll see how I feel tomorrow. And I still need to get a good swim in this week....

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Kim said...

The taper is teh suck. In any sport!!
Best of luck on your tri next weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Hit Counter
General Nutrition Store